Proximo Admin replied

55 weeks ago

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mp6pr/crafter_gear_materia_cap/

Here are the caps(on basis all meldable items are HQ): Hat & Gloves - 4 Craft / 5 Control | Pants & Boots - 1 Craft / 5 Control / 3 CP | Raptorskin Merchant's Belt - Craft 3 / 5 Control / 5 CP | Electrum Choker - Craft 3 / Control 3 / CP 5 | Red Coral Earrings - Control 3 / CP 3 | Militia Wristlets - Craft 4 / Control 4 / CP 6 | Aetheryte Rings - Craft 4 / Control 4 / CP 3 |

Boris nrem replied

55 weeks ago

ty

Boris nrem replied

55 weeks ago

This is a little incorrect and incomplete.

It's wrong belt. raptorskin merchant's purse is the one you want. *control)
stats for the top are not listed.

Thought I should post for people who use this as a reference

Wings replied

55 weeks ago

I believe this one from the comments is a better source, a bit easier to read as well as the OP from reddit fails at formatting:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/91516-Best-materia-setup-for-crafters?p=1273980#post1273980

also, there is no raptoskin merchant belt, I believe he just meant purse but called it belt off the top of his head.

body is 16 craft, 5 control

also, it seems pretty apparent that the poster from the link I made is on a legacy server.

those meld orders would SUUUCCCK on our server. Better to be forbidden melding IIs and Is as IVs are expensive as hell at the moment.

Wings replied

55 weeks ago

Also, if any of you are looking to max all your slots out.

be prepared to burn through A LOT of gil, even if you have decent luck.

unless you desperately need the stacks now, you can definitely HQ any 1star without stat bonuses, 2star maybe if you have the right cross-class. Materia prices will drop over time, so don't rush to cap stats unless you really want them capped.

–-

the other nice thing about NOT dropping 100k+ in every piece is that when its done you can convert it and rebuy the piece for 15-30k.

If you get a craftman or cunning III you lose out, control III you do alright, anything IV and you comeout way up.
Please log in to post a reply.